My daughter has spurred me on to good works--meaning I should update this blog. I guess I'm still a bit jet lagged and dealing on a low key basis yet. Anyway, I did talk to Abe on Saturday and he was doing much better. He had had two days of rest and then gone some 40 miles or so to a personal contact with a pastor in the Amur province and was going to stay two nights there. The superintendent of that area was coming in also to meet with Abe so chances were that they would stay up all night and talk. He said the church meets in the pastor's home which looks more like a large shed than a home and is on the primitive side. I'm sure he was asked to share on Sunday, and I'm sure he laid some challenge before them. The need is so great and there is very little spiritual activity going on in that area.
I tried to call Abe again but he must be out of cell phone range. His legs were feeling better and the swelling had gone down in his ankles. He sounded much more upbeat and I'm sure it was a combination of rest and of being with people he could talk to. Especially about ministry!
No comments:
Post a Comment